If you are responsible for the preparation of steel prior to painting, then BS 7079 will be of interest.
BS 7079 provides a general introduction to all the steel surface preparation standards, along with a complete listing of all the published standards that cover abrasive
blast-cleaning, hand- and power-tool cleaning and flame cleaning of steel substrates. BS 7079 also includes definitions that apply to all the standards listed.
About BSI British Standards
BSI British Standards is the UK’s National Standards Body, recognized globally for its independence, integrity and innovation in the production of standards and information products that promote and share best practice. BSI works with businesses, consumers and government to represent UK interests and to make sure that British, European and international standards are useful, relevant and authoritative. For further information please visit www.bsigroup.com/britishstandards.
About BSI Group
BSI British Standards is part of BSI Group, a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, the Group has over 2,300 staff operating in over 120 countries through more than 50 global offices. The Group’s key offerings are:
• The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information
• Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification
• Product testing and certification of services and products
• Performance management software solutions
• Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
--- ENDS ---
For further information please visit www.bsigroup.com.